Western Dovetail's frequently asked questions
- How much does it cost to ship?
- Add the products you wish to purchase to your cart and then navigate to "View Cart". On the right hand side fill in the State and Zip code AND then click "Update Shopping Cart." The totals will be updated with your shipping options.
- How long does it take for my order to ship?
- Custom made drawers are currently shipping in 3-5 weeks from order date. Hardware only orders may be delayed or cancelled if inventory is not available. Many hardware items such as Blum Tandem slides are currently out of stock and may only be available if ordered with drawers. Cabinet doors may ship in 2-3 weeks.
Orders with more than one lead time will wait until all items are ready to ship unless prior
arrangements have been made.
- Selecting express shipping does NOT decrease the time it takes to make or package the order, it will still take the listed time to manufacture or ship your order. If you need a rush manufacturer, please contact us prior to placing your order.
- Do you offer free shipping?
- We do not currently have a free shipping method available online,
if we do in the future it will be listed along with our other shipping options on the checkout page. If you are a local customer you can pick up your order at our facility for free, but you must let us know before placing your order online so we can qualify your account for local pick up and delivery.
- Why is the residential LTL rate much higher than the commercial rate?
- The LTL carriers have higher rates for residential deliveries since most on the
time they require more time and labor. Also, LTL trucks must have a liftgate to make
residential deliveries which they charge us extra for.
- My shop is at my house, do I have to pay the residential delivery fee for LTL shipments?
- That depends, most of the LTL carries define a commercial address as a place which has a
clearly posted business name with hours listed. If in doubt,
contact us and we will contact our carriers for a decision before your order.
- What is your return policy?
- Our custom made products are not returnable, however, we will work with customers on a case
by case basis to resolve any issues that may occur.
- Un-used and/or un-opened stock items may be returned at the customer expense.
Drawer slides will be checked for signs of installation (i.e. screw marks in mounting holes.)
20% restocking fee is deducted from all returns.
Some items are special order and non-returnable.
All non-returnable items will include such disclaimer within the description or title of the item.
- All returns must be made within 60 days of the date of sale.
© 2011-2019 Western Dovetail, Inc. All Rights Reserved.